"Thank Goodness I Found You!" - Ted, when he happily reunites with George in Central Africa.
"Oh God!" -Ted, when he is shocked.
"I'm fine, kids. It just I have something in my eye, that's all." - Ted, reduced in tears for the first time in front of Troy and Daphne.
"Sunshine, Sunshine, Bright Sun Awakes! Clap Your Hands and Do a little Jump!" ~ Ted and Theodore, both doing a special handshake at each other.
Theodore "Ted" Shackleford is a deuteragonist, the second important character, who is a human and first befriends with George, also acts as his primary teacher, and mentor, and a deuteragonist in movies and episodes. Ted acts as George's monkey parent and is an important fatherly figure to him.
He's known to be tall, intelligent kind, friendly, gentle, hard-worker, fatherly (sometimes protective, sadistic, stubborn, bossy and superficial) and very independent. He is also characterized by wearing a large yellow hat. He doesn't actually wear his hat at home, only when he's going outside.
He also owns a country house that has been in his family ever since his childhood memories, and lives in a spacious, high income apartment building in the City in Chicago.
Ted primarily drives a yellow Volkswagen convertible car as his main transportation to the Country, however, he typically walks when staying in the apartment. He also uses an open-top Hummer for off-road travels. He is an herpetologist.
Ted makes a couple of references to "going to work", however, we never discover what this pertains to.
In Curious George and the Invisible Sound episode, he has been asked to survey animals around the country house, and in The Fully Automatic Monkey Fun Hat, Dr. Wiseman has asked him to give a speech about the scientific method.
He is also the leader of a troop of the Sprouts, which George and Bill belong to. He paints and draws in the style of the H.A. Rey drawings.
He won an award for being the first to climb and map what became known as Yellow Hat Mountain and placed seventeenth in a marathon.
Ted is of the Scottish ancestry. His Uncle Tam, who lives in a castle in Scotland. Their family crest is a Dragon with the Yellow Tam.
His first-look-alike friend is Allie's 2nd elder brother/ Mr. and Mrs. Renkins' grandson Theodore Renkin, who resembles...himself. His new partner is Mario (from Curious George and the Golden Meatballs).
No mention of his parents is made, other than an occasional reference to his mother in a couple episodes (but his actual parents will first-time reveal in Curious George 4: Ted's Great Adventure film).
Ted is also the "Luckiest Man with the Yellow Hat" when he has children (of his very own), who are acting very well-behaved as his very first "dream family" in the fourth film
But, Maggie however is not coming back cause she died from her heart diseast last year in 2017, but she will reappear in a final movie titled Curious George Ted's Middle Beginning which will count her final appearance.
His voice was first portrayed by Will Ferrell (in the 2006 film and again in Ted's Middle Beginning), then mostly later Jeff Bennett in original series, Follow That Monkey, Back to the Jungle and reappears in Ted's Great Adventures, Curious George (Season 10), Curious George and the Golden Meatball and the other special events.
- He was the antagonist in the episode where he uses wood to cover jumpy's entrance to get inside his house in a cold snowy day, however his plans were foiled when George makes jumpy a house and hides it and George made more entrances to their home.
- In the movies and TV series, he has a close, platonic relationships with Maggie Dunlop and Professor Wiseman.
- He's of Scottish descent/ancestry.
- He's the deuteragonist.
- He was the first "regular guy" to walk in space.
- He will reappear with his first adopted children of his own in Curious George 4: Ted's Great Adventure (2018).
- His childhood voice was portrayed by Tara Strong (in the two episodes; Squirrel For A Day and Curious George and the Turbo Python 3000).
- He also made a cameo appearance in Family Guy.
- The acting of The Man with the Yellow Hat was portrayed by Daniel Moser (in 2010's Curious George Live!) and Andrew Howard (in 2017's Curious George and the Golden Meatball).