"Un, bottaba trey gun un bette ba ga un betta ba" -George when he's upset or being shocked."Monkey Up!" -Human George when he touches/ grabs the crystal to transform into a chimpanzee form
George Hugo James Shackleford is the protagonist of the series & 3 movies (2006 Film, Follow That Monkey, & Back to the Jungle). He's a little, intelligent, curious, innocent, cute, compassionate, tailless monkey, who's always up to something. He's voiced by Frank Welker, and soon Sarah Silverman as a human, singing voice by Tajja Isen.
George's former nemesis was Junior, Danno Wolfe, Calhoun, dungeon guardsmen and Jennifer Kyle (formally). George's best friends are Charkie, Allie, Marco, Hundley, Gnocchi, Jumpy Squirrel, Steve, Betsy, & Bill. George's first siblings are Troy Dunlop, Gerald Shackleford and Daphne Shackleford.
George's owner's The Man With The Yellow Hat, who tries to keep a close eye on George, but mostly always looses concentration. George's really just a curious normal little monkey, but he's not normal when he gets up to things. George's always asking questions to The Man With The Yellow Hat & his other friends.
George used to live in Africa with his animal friends, until he followed The Man With The Yellow Hat to New York City (where it was going to be his new home) in the first film.
George's constantly very curious about many things (as his name implies), a trait, which helps George to learn, but which also often gets him into trouble, but when soon as a human, he'll learn better and acted well-behaved. George has an impressive proficiency in visual art (as well as a strong sense of natural beauty).
George's used as the "teachable" character in the series, & he's the one to whom new concepts are explained in detail by the other characters; the viewers learn the new concept along with George.
Throughout the series, George's adventures continue to evolve, as when he flew a kite to getting a kite string back. (Curious George Flies A Kite)
George grows up to become America’s 100 president and first African American Monkey President. He solves world hunger cures cancer, gives the world world peace, stop climate change, colonized mars, kills Pluto, discovered alien life, killed chuck Norris and a Canadian mayor, stopped animal extinction, revived dinosaurs with mosquito blood, made may 15th national key lime pie day, made banana flavored everything you could imagine. BRAVO, banishes natural disasters, stops evil by whooping it’s behind physically, gives free college education, unites all countries, cooks blue berry banana pancakes with a side of Banana pudding with Vanilla wafers and nilla wafers with a strawberry smoothie milkshake, revives Michael Jackson, and has a wife that gives birth to Jeffrey Deano Morgan the world famous Actor that place evil man with motorcycle and chainsaw on AMC’s Z NATION. George later retires after five terms and lives in the country in Arkansas. Where he builds a 2 story house with many kinds of entertainment for a chimp. He put lives all his kids and wives, except Jeffrey cuz he is immortal. They live happily together until the evil Hanes became president and intellionally started the apocalypse. Find out what happens next on Curiuos George 11 coming out in 2025.
A lot of times, George will have different outfits, or clothing based on the occasion, or event. In many episodes, he has a red cap. In the fall & winter, he has a red coat & winter hat.
Snow Use/ George's Simple Siphon: Bright Royal Blue swim-shorts with yellow flowers.
Here Comes the Tide: Orange swim-shorts with a yellow waistband.
We Otter Be Friends: Dark green cap & hoodie.
Bright Lights, Little Monkey: Sky blue hoodie.
Gutter Monkey/ Bowling For Bobolinks: his red cap & yellow collar shirt.
Curious George (2006 Film): A yellow astronaut suit.
Curious George's Rocket Ride/ Grease Monkeys in Space/ Back to the Jungle: A white-&-sky blue astronaut suit.
The Lucky Cap: Teal cap with a horseshoe on it.
Curious George Takes Another Job: Blue-&-yellow cap & yellow harness.
Curious George 4: A Birthday Rescue: Dark navy blue cloak, black robe, and navy cape & hood disguise, (as his first human form) red shirt with shoulder strapless, puffy sleeves & pale yellow capris pants, bare foot
Curious George (2018 upcoming series): Mistress Mist's crystal pendent
Curious George and the Golden Meatball (2018 film): Red handkerchief (around his neck, inspired from Curious George Live!)
Curious George 5: The Hurricane: (as a human form) light yellow t-shirt, yellow pants with a red "G" signature, gold and white flats, (as a chimpanzee form) and a dark navy cape and hood
- The series calls George a monkey, but he lacks a tail, which would indicate that he's an ape or chimpanzee.
- George's probably a chimpanzee since he was found in Africa.
- He's most likely called a monkey so younger children may relate to him.
- He's 2 years old, although he acts the same age as Allie. (Allie's 5 years old.)
- He will sometimes act the same as Marco. (Marco's 10 years old.)
- George has appeared in every episode to date.
- There's another character in Toy Story 3 who resembles him and his name is Monkey.
- George lives in the Big City (Chicago as said by The man with the yellow hat in the episode "Curious George Takes a Vocation") & in the Country.
- He's the main protagonist in the series.
- Curious George has made a cameo in the "Book People Unite" commercial hanging on to some balloons. (See picture to the right)
- Curious George wants to be like everyone else & grow up well.
- George acts like a child because of the way he explores the world.
- George doesn't really have a last name. He was adopted by Ted Shackleford, AKA The Man with the Yellow Hat.
- He's ambidexterity, sometimes writing & doing dominant-hand activities with his left hand & sometimes with his right throughout the series, & even using his feet.
- George's ambidextrous, he uses both of his hands to write & draw with.
- George will appear as a original chimpanzee form in Curious George 4: A Birthday Rescue.
- The Trophy he wins in "Bag Monkey" isn't on the same shelf as The Man with the Yellow Hat's trophies. It's in his closet with a purple octopus toy inside it.
- George might be 30 years old for a chimpanzee (or monkey), but when he first-time transforms into a human young boy in Curious George 4: A Birthday Rescue, he is now 8 years old.