"Un, bottaba trey gun un bette ba ga un betta ba" -George when he's upset.
George Hugo James Shackleford : is the protagonist of the series & 3 movies (2006 Film, Follow That Monkey, & Back to the Jungle). He's a little, intelligent, curious, innocent, cute, compassionate, tailless monkey, who's always up to something. He's voiced by Frank Welker, and soon Max Charles as a human.
George's owner's The Man With The Yellow Hat, who tries to keep a close eye on George, but mostly always looses concentration. George's really just a curious normal little monkey, but he's not normal when he gets up to things. George's always asking questions to The Man With The Yellow Hat & his other friends.
George used to live in Africa with his animal friends, until he followed The Man With The Yellow Hat to New York City (where it was going to be his new home) in the first film.
George's constantly very curious about many things (as his name implies), a trait, which helps George to learn, but which also often gets him into trouble. George has an impressive proficiency in visual art (as well as a strong sense of natural beauty).
George's used as the "teachable" character in the series, & he's the one to whom new concepts are explained in detail by the other characters; the viewers learn the new concept along with George.
Throughout the series, George's adventures continue to evolve, as when he flew a kite to getting a kite string back. (Curious George Flies A Kite)
A lot of times, George will have different outfits, or clothing based on the occasion, or event. In many episodes, he has a red cap. In the fall & winter, he has a red coat & winter hat.
Snow Use/ George's Simple Siphon: Bright Royal Blue swim-shorts with yellow flowers.
Here Comes the Tide: Orange swim-shorts with a yellow waistband.
We Otter Be Friends: Dark green cap & hoodie.
Bright Lights, Little Monkey: Sky blue hoodie.
Gutter Monkey/ Bowling For Bobolinks: his red cap & yellow collar shirt.
Curious George (2006 Film): A yellow astronaut suit.
Curious George's Rocket Ride/Grease Monkeys in Space/Back to the Jungle: A white-&-sky blue astronaut suit.
The Lucky Cap: Teal cap with a horseshoe on it.
Curious George Takes Another Job: Blue-&-yellow cap & yellow harness.
Curious George 4: A Birthday Rescue: Dark navy blue and black cloak, cape and hood disguise
Curious George 5: The Hurricane: Light yellow t-shirt, yellow pants with a red "G" signature & gold and white sneakers (as a human)
- The series calls George a monkey, but he lacks a tail, which would indicate that he's an ape or chimpanzee.
- George's probably a chimpanzee since he was found in Africa.
- He's most likely called a monkey so younger children may relate to him.
- He's 2 years old, although he acts the same age as Allie. (Allie's 5 years old.)
- He will sometimes act the same as Marco. (Marco's 10 years old.)
- George has appeared in every episode to date.
- There's another character in Toy Story 3 who resembles him and his name's Monkey.
- George lives in the Big City (Chicago as said by The man with the yellow hat in the episode "Curious George Takes a Vocation") & in the Country.
- He's the main protagonist in the series.
- Curious George has made a cameo in the "Book People Unite" commercial hanging on to some balloons. (See picture to the right)
- Curious George wants to be like everyone else & grow up well.
- George acts like a child because of the way he explores the world.
- George doesn't really have a last name. He was adopted by Ted Shackleford, AKA The Man with the Yellow Hat.
- He's ambidexterity, sometimes writing & doing dominant-hand activities with his left hand & sometimes with his right throughout the series, & even using his feet.
- George's ambidextrous, he uses both of his hands to write & draw with.
- George will appear in Curious George 4 in 2017.
- The Trophy he wins in "Bag Monkey" isn't on the same shelf as The Man with the Yellow Hat's trophies. It's in his closet with a purple octopus toy inside it.